Hiking in one of the most beautiful mountains of Greece. Learn the preparation of local dishes and tsipouro. Visit a candy laboratory. Contact with local residents and visit villages. Visit the churches of the 15th and 16th century. Walk with the train in the region.
- 7 nights in traditional hotels
Nature, Food and Wine during an 8 days trip by bus.
Enjoy a unique experience in Greek gourmet trails. Meet the Greek products to taste new flavours, fine wines and Mediterranean cuisine authentically coloured. Try to enjoy local flavours and let the heady harvest of Greek land to accompany your small or big moments. You will be staying in a class boutique 1884 traditional Pelion stone mansion, lovingly renovated over 5 years by the current Irish-Greek owners, & situated in the center of Portaria.
Day 1 | Receive a very warm welcome on arrival at the beautifully renovated Pelion mansion house of 1884 in the heart of this unspoiled village from which you will enjoy the amazing Pelion Peninsula. After you are refreshed join your host over a welcome buffet of seasonal fruits & drinks for a brief tour and history of the house, and an orientation of the area, local customs, your activity schedule & all small details required. You are then free to enjoy the complimentary hydro-massage suite before continuing with a stroll around the village with its local craft shops & cafe’s, enjoying its magnificent views before dining underneath the 900 year old Plane trees in the main square.
Day 2-7 | Choose from 2 of any of the following 6 options included in the price, and add others if wish:
- HORSE RIDE TO A SANDY BEACH & MOUNTAIN BIKE THE PELION FOREST PATHS. At easy pace through the Pelion forest paths you will pass through endless beauty spots in the area learning along the way many features of its natural history and environment before your stop at the established horse riding centre for a gentle ride through olive groves & down to the local sandy beach. The horses can even venture into the shallows of the calm gulf waters if you wish!
- MOUNTAIN BIKE THE PELION WATERFALLS. An extended activity from option 1 for those not wanting the horse ride, this tour also places more focus on the element of water in Pelion which dominates & shapes much of the landscape.
- HIKING THE PATHS OF THE CENTAURS. Pelion is cris-crossed with ancient stone paved paths, once the only link between the small villages of the area. Now these ‘paths of the Centaurs’ provide some of the most interesting walks you can imagine full of surprises at each turn from springs & waterfalls to old stone churches, sea views & the rich diversity of Pelion’s flora & fauna.
- VISIT THE TRADITIONAL VILLAGE FOOD & CRAFT MAKERS. The slopes of Pelion have been settled for hundreds of years, originally as a refuge from pirates. Once a rich & vibrant trading center, local linen, woodcraft, herb & spice production & many other cottage industries remain active & are explored in this unique tour.
- GREEK COOKERY CLASS. Try your hand at a ‘Gemista’ ‘Bugatsa’ or traditional Pelion ‘Spetzofai’ ! An outstanding Greek cookery course with 5 separate menus to choose from all prepared with expert guidance from an award winning team.
- ISLAND SAILING WITH SWIMMING & SNORKLING. A full day cruise travelling in style on a classic wooden sailing yacht to one of the local islands. Swim to your own private undisturbed beach, snorkel & enjoy lunch with friends under the shade of the cockpit & maybe spot a dolphin or two on the way.
Day 8 | With a camera filled with unique experiences in Pelion, we say a last fond farewell amidst the Mountain views.
Activities & Companies
Customize your holiday
On the website there are some suggestions for trips. In addition to this you may already have your own wishes and ideas, or perhaps not at all. With our local knowledge we may well optimize your ideas with you to create the trip of your dreams. Well thought-out itineraries, locations and then arranged everything to perfection. If you are traveling alone, as a couple, with a group or as a family, tell us your ideas and wishes, personally, via Skype or telephone, just when it suits you best.
Pelion Paradise, summer residence of the Olympian Gods
- Enjoy our knowledge of Pelion
- We focus on authentic places only
- We partner with local providers
- We'll arrange everything for you
Read more about everything Pelion has to offer: Discover Pelion