This family canyon program in mount Pelion is ideal to find-out the beauties of the the pleasures of white-water in a natural reserve with a personalized treatment for families with young kids or teenagers (age 12+). An activity taking into account the needs of each member, parents and children.
- The stone one-arch bridge of Tsagarada.
- The gorge of Mylopotamos.
- The chapel of Panagias of Megalomatas (17th century) with stalactite decoration.
- The secret (concealed) school is actually built inside a cave.
- Traditional mansions, great examples of Pelion architecture, and the thousand of years old plane trees.
- The Byzantine old castle, next to the beach of Fakistra.
- The wildest beach of Pelion, Fakistra.
Payment optionsVisa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro
Price per person:
€ 60,- children age 12-16, € 65,- for adults
Group or individual: Group (excursion)
Outdoor or indoor: Outdoor
Difference in altitude: 408m
Startpoint: Tsagarada, Magnisia, Griekenland
Endpoint: Fakistra Beach
Bring your own: Extra clothes, Towel, USB for taking home your Geotours digital photos, Specific medical Drug if needed, Waterproof camera, Your ticket if applicable.
Opening daysEvery day
ICOpro CAI training course: 30-40 min.
Approching hiking: 5 min.
Descent canyon: 3 hrs approximately depending on the group
Return hiking: 10 min
● Good spirit of adventure
● Be in good health and able to swim 25 m
● All participants must provide weight, height, size of shoes at the booking time.
Dependind on where you stay in Pelion, location can be changed In consultation with you.
Activity start: 9:30 in the morning
Fakistra’s Canyon Adventure description
Fakistras canyon A tour is funny and appropriate for discovering the activity of canyoning. Come and live an exceptional adventure for families, couples or friends! Discover the pleasures of white-water activities with our guide! This canyon is easy. Its obstacles are not compulsory: jumps into crystal-clear water, natural slides, walk, swim, discovery of the fauna and flora. A fun adventure for everybody in unique and preserved places of the Pelion mountain!
Swimming is the main attraction of this descent, scattered by jumps and passages with ideal obstacles for discovering this adventure sport. No difficulty is encountered during this initiatory canyon.
We adapt the intra-canyon route to take into account physical differences. The emphasis of the ludic and the aquatic games, make the canyon a huge natural play-ground:
- – Bathes, initiation to the abseils, etc.
- – Education via the discovery of fauna and flora.
- – Training of techniques of mountain and canyon like swimming, jump, breathing, handling of ropes, nodes, safe habits etc.
Canyon material is especially designed for the children (synthetic rubber wetsuits resistant to oils and aging, arrangement of straps for holding, helmets, etc.)
Our instructors train and certifie through the international organization Canyoning ICOPRO. Instructors and ICOpro affiliated centers are always focusing on your safety. Practise and learn with ICOpro – You will get the guarantee of fun and professional canyoning descents.
Clients are locked in at all times before and during the rappel to cables wrapped around trees far from the canyon edges, to eliminate risk from erosion.
This activity can be found in Tsagarada, the following can be found here:
Beaches in the area:
Villages in the area:
Customize your holiday
On the website there are some suggestions for trips. In addition to this you may already have your own wishes and ideas, or perhaps not at all. With our local knowledge we may well optimize your ideas with you to create the trip of your dreams. Well thought-out itineraries, locations and then arranged everything to perfection. If you are traveling alone, as a couple, with a group or as a family, tell us your ideas and wishes, personally, via Skype or telephone, just when it suits you best.
Pelion Paradise, summer residence of the Olympian Gods
- Enjoy our knowledge of Pelion
- We focus on authentic places only
- We partner with local providers
- We'll arrange everything for you
Read more about everything Pelion has to offer: Discover Pelion